Emergency Air Conditioning Repair
Anyone who has gone without air conditioning for just a few hours on a hot day knows how uncomfortable it can be. During cooler seasons of the year, it may feel great to open a window or door, but in the midst of peak warm spells, even nightfall can bring little relief from the blistering temperatures.
So what do you do if your A/C unit fails on a weekend or at night, when most businesses are closed?
The reality is your home air conditioning unit could break down at any time, which is why it is always a good idea to have a reliable A/C technician just a phone call away to come to your aid whenever you need it most.
Common Problems with Home Heating & Air Units
It is inevitable that air conditioning systems wear down over time. Hot temperatures take their toll on cooling units, leading to breaks or malfunctions that leave you and your family without cool air. However, there are oftentimes glitches in cooling systems that shorten their lifespan.
Some of the most frequent causes of A/C problems include:
- Refrigerant leaks. In addition to being harmful to the environment, refrigerant leaks greatly reduce the efficiency of your unit and cause it to overwork. A trained technician will locate the leak, seal and test it, and fill your unit with the correct amount of refrigerant.
- Inadequate maintenance. When air filters and coils become dirty, the unit will not work correctly, and the system is likely to fail prematurely.
- Electric control failure. The control for the compressor and fans wear out, especially if the system turns on and off frequently. Electric connections and contacts should be checked for corrosion and faulty wiring.
- Sensor problems. Thermostat sensors for room air conditioners measure the temperature of incoming air. If the sensor is knocked out of place, the unit could cycle constantly or at random, wearing out the system quicker.
- Drainage problems. Humid weather or bad installation can cause drains to clog easily and back up the system.
Don’t worry if you aren’t sure exactly what is wrong with your air conditioning unit. Our A/C repairmen have a comprehensive expertise of a wide range of cooling services, including HVAC and ductless mini-spilt systems, ventilators, HEPA filters, programmable thermostats, and more.
Gagne Emergency Air Conditioning Repair serving Canton, Woodstock, Norcross, Buford, Sugar Hill, Alpharetta, Sandy Springs, Roswell, Cumming, Duluth, Johns Creek, Buckhead, Chamblee, Milton and all other communities in the metro-Atlanta region
Gagne A/C is a family-owned and operated heating and cooling business. Having serviced residential and commercial HVAC systems in and around metro-Atlanta for over 20 years, we specialize in Carrier systems, but service all other heating and cooling products.
If your A/C unit stops working anytime, day or night, call us at (678) 221-4328 to take advantage of our emergency heating and cooling repairs or service. Or if you are wondering if you can afford a repair, schedule a free consultation to have your air conditioning unit professionally evaluated, or browse our blog and All About A/C knowledge center for more information.