Sears Appliance Repair Complaint
Sears Extended Warranty | Complaints, Problem Issues, Class Action Lawsuit, | Problems with Sears Service, Sears Service Agreement, Repeated Complaints, Problems with Sears Onesource, Sears One Source Complaints, Failure to honor commitment to refund
Have you had problems with a Sears extended warranty you purchased for an appliance or other product? Our firm is investigating complaints from consumers who are unhappy with the way Sears handles repairs under these extended warranties. Often, it takes weeks for Sears to arrange for technicians to make repairs to stoves, washers, dryers and other products covered under these extended warranties. In other cases, consumers complain that Sears won't replace products when repairs fail to fix a problem. Even worse, Sears sometimes refuses to perform any repairs by claiming that "abuse" on the part of a consumer caused the problem.
If you have experienced these types of problems with a one of these agreements, our Sears extended warranty lawyers want to hear from you today. We may be able to help you obtain compensation. For a free evaluation of your case, please contact one of our Sears extended warranty lawyers today.
Sears Extended Warranties
Extended warranties are basically insurance contracts that cover, among other things, parts and labor for repairs and replacements due to normal wear and tear (not abuse), and service calls. Sears offers several types of warranty programs, with most offering the following benefits:
- Repairs made by Sears repair specialists.
- A guarantee to replace the item if adequate parts aren't available or if the technician doesn't know how to fix the problem.
- In-home repair service or service at convenient Sears repair facilities.
- No hidden fees. All parts and labor needed to fix your appliance are covered during the first 3 years.
- A free annual checkup of your appliance to see if anything is beginning to go wrong.
- Free tech support for help with using the appliance.
- A choice of warranty lengths and the ability to transfer or renew the warranty.