Car air conditioning courses
The Automotive HVAC Essentials Online Certificate details the heating and cooling systems involved in auto repair. This is a great option if you have experience in basic automotive repairs and want to improve skills for a current job. Here are a few qualities that effective auto repair technicians have in common:
- Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and check things twice.
- Problem solver: Finding the missing piece can be rewarding and fun.
- Persistent: You work until the job is done, and done well.
- Honest: You are ethical in your work for customers.
I have had great feedback from my employer after my training from Penn Foster. I have also had other job offers. The knowledge that you learn is priceless. Penn Foster is an excellent school.
- Kenny B., Penn Foster graduate
Penn Foster is a great way to get ahead in a career and the way the program was set up, even the busiest person can get through it. I'm so glad I found Penn Foster.
- Guiseppe S., Penn Foster graduate
I just recently graduated. I would definitely recommend Penn Foster to others. Their support was tremendous. Thank you all for the encouragement. Penn Foster rocks!!!
- Dahlia R., Penn Foster Graduate
Your program includes:
- Learning aids, including the EPA Prep Book and Mobile EPA Certification Test, and the ASE Heating and Air Conditioning Exam Prep Book
- Goal-setting and progress-tracking tools
- Instructional support from our experienced faculty
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
What are some ways to gain hands-on training experience while taking the automotive programs?
There are many ways to gain hands-on training experience. After you’ve started the program, tinker with your personal car. Open up the hood and see if you can identify the parts from your books. As you get more experience, you can start on routine maintenance with your car, such as changing the oil. Additionally, try speaking with a local garage to see if you can volunteer or observe.